Friday, March 5, 2010

Submit

It's done! With one click of the mouse over "Submit Application." Years of dreaming then waiting then planning then discussing then submitting? Sure the application's submitted, all it took was pressing the ebutton to do that. But I'm not sure I've quite grasped what I have actually submitted to. Not sure I can grasp it nor do I think I need to. I know that God opened my eyes at a very early age to see the plight of orphaned children around the world. I know that the instant I saw I dreamed what I might do someday. I know that he has taken that dream and matured it. I now know what it is to have children, the reality of that responsibility. I have done a TON of research on international adoption, so I know the reality of the financial cost and the emotional cost as we go through the many steps and the waiting. And I know that this will take a lot of patience, trust, and perseverance. But do I know just how much submitting I will have to do? God may have more in store than I could have ever researched. That's okay, I've been there before. Right now, I am EXCITED. I have those inner shakes, you know what I'm talking about. Sorta like when you've had too much caffeine, or are nervous, or just found out you're pregnant and you are filled with both excited anticipation and the "what-have-I-done" questions! I can't wait to continue this journey and share more, but as I have done on other big days and moments- I'm gonna take a deep breath and savor the excitement and pray for the absolute best!

(So this is what the kids did to "entertain themselves" while I spent toooooo long doing the application online, which got lost once so I had to re-do it. That's my leg in the pink pj pant in the bottom right corner and they are in between my chair and the wall, as wide a space as a desk drawer! Can't wait to fit another kid in!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment