Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's Official

We got the call yesterday, "you have been accepted to the Ethiopia adoption program." Is it too cliche to say surreal? I know I'm going to be making a lot of comparison's to pregnancy, so I'm just going to embrace it and move forward. Here goes- it's that feeling of excitement mixed with what was I thinking? I am not in any way ready or equipped to do this, but I sure can't wait! In some ways this is better, because there's plenty to do right off (not to mention no morning sickness!). Our intake coordinator immediately gave us instructions for getting a home study and sent emails with agreements to sign. We also get a pastor's discount on all agency fees, awesome. And wouldn't you know- with the discount our first agency fee is $1125, just $25 more than our anonymous donation! God knew, He knows, He is actively involved! Thank you God for anonymous, for using them to bless us. They share a special part of bringing home Your child. I cannot believe IT IS OFFICIAL!

4 comments:

  1. Hannah!! This is amazing! I can't wait to hear more about it! What a blessed little baby to be brought into a covenant family -- and THE Driggers family, no less! We love ya'll and we'll love Driggers baby #3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah!
    I am so happy for you!! We have adopted two little girls, one from China (2 years ago), now 5, and one little girl from Hong Kong (2 weeks ago) now 6. It is an unbelievable journey!! Lots of highs but expect the lows as well. We received some funding for our first adoption, but for our second adoption it has been completely (no kidding!!) paid for by grants and gifts. Unbelieveable! If God wants that baby in your house and home He will make a way! Email me if you have questions, etc. We are now pros at this adoption journey "stuff" :) Chris Corwin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!!! How did we miss this!!?? We will surely be praying! What a wonderful blessing! We can't wait to meet this precious little one!!!!! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah! Thank you so much for letting me know about this. I am so excited for you and your family. Just sitting here, and catching up with the story behind your decision is again reminding me how faithful God is, and how He always has the bigger picture and the perfect plan set before us. I so look forward to reading how this all unfolds. God is good. xo.

    ReplyDelete