Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fundraiser #1- yard sale

Come rain, come shine this Saturday, June 5, 2010 we are having a yard sale. And the come rain part is not an invite, though it looks like it may be attending uninvited. Yep, I am STRESSED! But, I refuse to reschedule- for a number of reasons- I cannot live with all the stuff in my house. People have been very generous in their donations, so generous that it's taking up a lot of space in a house with small hands that like to get into everything! Also, I am just dying to get this fundraising underway and send off the money for our home study! Apparently the first weekend of the month is the best time to do a yard sale and not only is July too long to wait but it is a holiday and a wedding of some special peeps here! My heart races every time I hear the special music just before the weather forecast comes on the TV, but I can't look away. I guess I pray they are going to have some sort of a guarantee, some change. We have canopies, we can move indoors, and we can pray that the God who has provided thus far will do what only He can do and change the weather, bring the money, or both!

For those in town, it is not at my house as we don't have a garage or a lawn or decent parking- it is at the Douglas center on 10th Ave- where I work, if you didn't know. We have furniture and the usual stuff, lots of baby/kids' stuff. I will have baked goods and coffee (the coffee from Ethiopia I am also using for fundraising, more on that later), drinks, and hopefully THE t-shirt will be premiering! Pray it is ready by then! Ruby thinks that we are getting sister at the sale.... I continue to try and explain all this to her, but this 4 year old has never been to a yard sale or Ethiopia! I am delighted in her urgency, though. At a church picnic the other day she was playing with a little girl who is expecting a little brother or sister in a few months and I asked this sweet girl what she wanted. She was so endearing and said a sister, because she has 4 older brothers! Ruby chimed right in and said, "I have a sister in Ethiopia, and we have to go and get her!" She continually keeps me motivated and reminded that it is as simple as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment