Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just Love coffee roasters

Now, on to another fundraiser (I promise I'll get info. on the t-shirts out this week, I just have to set up paypal, etc.).
When I was doing my research on Ethiopia I read that they are the home of coffee, and are still the number one coffee bean exporter in Africa! That got my head whirling with ideas for fundraisers. I knew I could not roast coffee....but, I found someone that does! This family has been in the coffee business and upon adopting their children from Ethiopia decided to support the farmers there and the families here trying to adopt. Here's their story, in their own words:

"Rob Webb knows coffee. When Rob was two years old, his father started Webb's Coffee Service, which blossomed into a full-blown refreshment service supplying businesses in Nashville, TN and the surrounding areas, and is now run by Rob.
Rob Webb knows the adoption process. In the summer of 2008, Rob and his wife Emily were called to adopt from Ethiopia. After much prayer and discussion with their first two children they started their adoption journey in August 2008. During the flurry of paperwork and preparation, Rob & Emily read books not only on adoption in general, but specifically on Ethiopia. Learning that Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee caught Rob's attention, and after reading about the living conditions and wages of the average coffee farmer, he was compelled to take action. What developed through his reading and his trip to Ethiopia to unite with his daughters was a realization that he could combine his expertise and longstanding desire to roast his own coffees with his desire to help others. Just Love Coffee Roasters was born! Roasting Fair Trade Specialty coffees, Just Love uses proceeds to help an Ethiopian orphanage and families adopting not just from Ethiopia, but from anywhere in the world."


Do you love it or what?!? I recently got my order of "African skies" and it is DELISH! And of course, it is even more tasty knowing that it is not just getting my daughter home, but working towards getting Ethiopian farmers a fair wage! Maybe she comes from a farming family or community. I am totally into multi-tasking, and now my morning cup'o'coffee can do just that! I already got last month's check from them and even though it was only the proceeds from the one bag of coffee I ordered, it was $5!! And it was so easy to order, they can even set you up for monthly orders. Then, someday, when we are done with our fundraising you can continue to order from them in support of other families, adoption agencies, or the Webb family's work.

Without further ado, here' the link: https://www.justlovecoffee.com/thedriggersfamily

No comments:

Post a Comment