Friday, June 11, 2010

Yard Sale

Over ten people/families donated items to sell out our yard sale! Needless to say, we had a ton of stuff! As you can see, we didn't even have tables or time to display it all. And these pictures below are about two hours before a huge truck from Goodwill came to pick up a bunch of stuff- so, about 4 hours into the sale. Yep, we still had a lot to donate. So much that I was convinced to save some for another sale to happen at a later date- a much later date! A huge shout out to some peeps- the many guys that helped Friday night until the wee hours transporting stuff from my house, a friends' garage, and other locations to the building where I work (the location of the actual sale). They worked under high humidity as it had just rained an hour before they started (but it did not rain the day of the sale!!!). Then, they came at 5am to unload from the building onto the lawn!!! LOVE those guys! Some even stayed to "guard the money" and I got to overhear them tell customers that it was for us to bring home our daughter- still getting tears in my eyes! To the two women who came at 6am to help set up and spent a lot of time folding and sorting clothes- you are truly saints! The couple that came at 6am to watch our kids and wouldn't let us pay them- WOW! The people I work with who shared in my excitement and let me invade their space and came by to say Hi and buy things- I love ya! And to my church family, RUF students, and the others that donated items- you could have sold these things yourself and bought yourselves new things and I am eternally grateful because you helped my daughter get home. She will have a legacy of generosity and love.
Oh, so you want to know how much we raised?!? We prayed for a mere $1200 to cover the first home study and the Lord blessed us with almost $2100!!!!! That gets us through the first TWO home studies!!! God is generous, good, and is the only One who can do such amazing things!

No comments:

Post a Comment